Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Eye for an Eye

There is so much stuff being written about the cartoons of Muhammad published by a Danish newspaper that I didn't feel the need to say anything, that is until I came across this article via the World Magazine Blog. It was this statement at the end that got me going:
Islamic ethics is based on "limits and proportions," which means that the answer to an offensive cartoon is a cartoon, not the burning of embassies or the kidnapping of people designated as the enemy.

Does this mean that the Danes, and those that stand with them, are now allowed to burn embassies of Islamic countries and kidnap their citizens??? That would be "fair", but I gather that most Muslim countries are not particular interested in fairness. I think we (Western Civilization in general) are better then that.

No comments: