Saturday, March 04, 2006

Looking For Web Hosting

My DW and one of my sons have started doing some web design work. They've done 2 sites so far, jestafarm.blogspot.com and yeshuasglory.blogspot.com. These are very nice sites if I say so myself.

I steered them towards Blogspot because it was a cheap way to get started. However, they've gotten to the point that the features that make Blogspot easy to use are really getting in the way of what they want to do: They need a real web site hosting arrangement. It's not a big rush, but the cost should be cheap and performance needs to be good. They don't need much in the way of tools, but the site should fully support HTML, XHTML, XML, image hosting, email, server-side scripting and CGI, and user defined site structure and sub-directories: Not fancy, but fully functional.

So, I'm taking suggestions for a good web site hosting site. Please leave a comment if you know of any you would recommend, or strongly recommend against.

Thank you.

No comments: